Tiramisu Protein Pancakes
EAT THAT TREAT!
YES – the holidays are not holidays without sweet treats! But before the guilt eats you up from the inside….rather try our Tiramisu Protein Pancakes.
- 2 x Scoops PURE Chocolate Whey Protein
- 4 x TBSP Whole Psyllium Husks (or 8 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds)
- 4 x Cups Almond Milk
- 2 x tsp Rum Extract
- 2 x Cups Flour (or Gluten-Free Flour)
- 4 x TBSP Cacao
- 1 x TBSP Instant Espresso Powder
- 4 x tsp Baking Powder
- 3 x Cups Plain (Soy or Coconut) Yogurt
- 2 x tsp Stevia Extract
- Non-stick Spray
Additional Toppings (Optional):
- Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup or
- In a small bowl, combine the psyllium husks, almond milk and rum extract. Whisk together and set aside for a few minutes (the mixture should thicken up and become slightly gelatinous).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients (PURE protein powder, flour, cacao, espresso, baking powder).
- Using a spoon, mix in the wet mixture being careful not to over-mix. It should be thick, but if it’s too dry, add a little more almond milk.
- Heat a small pan on medium-low heat. Coat with non-stick spray and add pancake batter 1/3 a cup at a time.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook for several minutes until the sides of the pancake firm up.
- Flip and cook for several more minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Whip together yogurt and stevia sweetener (you could also just opt for a sweetened vanilla yogurt).
Top pancakes with a dollop of yogurt on each one and add additional chocolate syrup and strawberries if that is what you crave.
- Relish in your healthy protein pancake!